Monday, March 20, 2017

Pedro is Gone

Well, the first important part of the week is that we are missing Pedro. Elder Evangelista had to have surgery at the start of last week on his foot to remove some weird thingy out of it. Apparently it made a bit of a hole so we couldn't walk a lot (aka work) so he will be in the mission office until around mid week this week. That means Elder Nielsen and I have been running both our areas. That's a massive amount of area. Which just means that boleias (hitch hiking) have been key. 5-10 a day. There are gifts given to people, mine is flagging cars apparently. Craziest boleia this week was getting picked up by some white people. Such shock/confusion that no one said anything for almost the entire car ride.

Due to splitting time in the areas we haven't been able to visit my investigators and recent converts all that much which is tough. That however leads to me seeing who really wants visits. After a few days in Elder Nielsen's area ALL of the recent converts had called wanting visits and even some investigators. How awesome of them. *it's also super nice to have my own phone, there is comfort in the weight of it.

This week I also learned:

 1. How to cut hair---Sorry Elder Nielsen, I tried. It didn't turn out too bad though?
 2. That I am totally allergic to the weird grenade looking fruit.... Never has my mouth felt so itchy.
 3. Learning dialect terms like "can I have some food" or "please, go home you're drunk" are very useful.

That's it for this week. Sounds like the "tripla" will be staying until transfers in a few weeks!

Elder Howell

 Elders Evangelista, Nielson and Howell
 Grenade looking fruit
 It makes my mouth itch
We have to sleep under beg nets

No comments:

Post a Comment