Monday, April 24, 2017

250 Days on the Mission

This week was a week that started with this crazy nice food place with Elder Combs and my old comps. It was super nice. It felt like I was back in the US for a few hours. But then back to work in Mahotas.

Our area is super sandy, but we get lots done here. Everyone asked about the garden and my house so we took a quick video of it all, its on the Google Drive.

We have two people with baptisms coming up here soon: Fredy and Bia. I am still saving Bia's story. I will share it next week after her baptism this week.

Fredy: He is the pinnacle of what I always tell Elder Combs *super super sarcastically* "Man! Missionary work is SOOOO hard here". That means that things are stupid easy for us sometimes, most of the time.... He came up to us at church and says "Hey, I am pretty much a member here and I want to actually be baptized can you come and teach me the Gospel?". We asked for his number and when we could sit with him, we visited him that day... He has his baptism marked on the 13th of next month.

We have almost a person a day come up to us and ask "Why are you here?", "Can you come visit with me and my family" and "WHAT?! YOU EAT BREAD". All of these pretty much happen daily to which we confirm all of them and keep going to the next.

We also have lots of new people we are teaching along with lots of "eternals". I think next week I wont upload a video but just explain a quick story of each person we had come to church that week.

Love all of you!

Elder Howell






This is one of our garbage holes.  We dig a hole, burn the garbage and bury it.  No garbage pick up trucks in MOZ.  


Celebrating Elder Combs birthday at the nicest restaurant in all of Mozambique.  


No comments:

Post a Comment