Monday, August 21, 2017

Weekly Email.... First week alone

Well,

This has been the first week without Elder Sharpe really here to help me...... It has been interesting but the mission hasn't burnt down, gone broke and I haven't been excommunicated! Elder Skraba and I are counting that as a total win! We finally got everyone moved around to their areas and got all the new guys through immigration and the US embassy. It has all pretty much worked out.

We still have 3 Elders out of place here (2 new Elders and 1 Old one) that we will be driving up to Maxixe and to Beira tomorrow. It will be like 16 hours of driving.... I plan to try and do most of it given the..... well, lack of practice by the others..... Hopefully all will go well and we will get some good work done while up in Beira!

This week was Stake Conference which was interesting. I started off in the overflow tent outside the actual chapel but we were pulled into the meeting house to translate for the English Group members. It was a serious mental strain for each of us because the speakers talked so fast but it was actually a really cool experience to do. Thankfully that went well and I got to see several members from my old areas and chat with them about how things have been going. Its nice to see that several recent converts are still doing well.

Love all of you, I hear that my letters that I tried sending in January finally started arriving..... That is kinda Africa's fault, kinda some lazy Elders who used to be here. But in the end it all worked out.

Thanks for your support!


Elder Howell


No comments:

Post a Comment