Monday, September 4, 2017

Weekly Email


Well........... This week has been just another week here. It is super hard to write an interesting email about a week that feels exactly like the last week... I will just go over the highlights:

1. We did another South Africa journey.... It really does make logical/economical sense. Its not just for the McDonald's (I have decided to not eat there again. It just isn't worth the nasty feeling after eating it. Its all about the flavorless xima for me these days!). We got all the purchases we needed to done and even got a few references for the Elders in South Africa--Who we ran into at McDonald's which was super awkward for everyone.

2. We had Zone Conferences this week. I gave training on the missions finances and such which is always fun to just talk about money and use a super boring looking PowerPoint hoping that people just kinda fall asleep and let you move on.... Thankfully it went well overall and I had prepped well enough to have numbers to back me up on the changes we are making.

3. We are teaching people. I know everyone thinks that we are just sitting at computers all day (slightly true) but we do actually go out and teach people. We inherited several super cool people from the Sisters when they switched areas. We are working with a couple and their kids. They are getting married this weekend and if all goes well baptized the following weekend! That means I have something to take photos of! It was super nice to get back to teaching people. I enjoy the change of working in the mission office, but teaching people has its own special  "vibe" to it here in Mozambique.

That's pretty much it! I hope all of you have a nice "hot and humid" week!

Tchau!
Elder Howell


PS: In the picture it was a bad hair day for me, a tired day for the parents, and a "do we really have to quietly sit around again while those white guys talk" thing for the kids. Awesome family though.

No comments:

Post a Comment