Monday, November 6, 2017

5 To Go

Today marks my 5 transfers left day. Get ready Mozambique, I have lots to do with you before I go!

Today is transfers which means my life is crazy. We have been at the airport late at night and back at 3 or 4 am the last 2 days. I am kind of sick *Thanks Africa* which isn't helping. I totally crashed >not the car thankfully> today on the floor.... 4 hours later I came back to life with no idea where I was. That kind of 'nap'. Hopefully I am better fast. We have people to pick up from the airport 'tonight' (12:25am) and then about 4 other runs to the airport tomorrow to do..... Thankfully we have a secret weapon..... Elder Gumbo!

We got a new person in the office!!!! Whoooooooaahhhh yah. Mind you, I love Elder Skraba. But 3 transfers is a long time (4.5 months) with just one person.... We will be together for probably 5 (7.5 months) So, this new guy is a nice change of pace. He is from Beira, Mozambique, 23 years old and awesome. He was the Stake Secretary in Beira so he knows the church systems already. Sadly he is only here for a few weeks because he will be serving in the Dominican Republic once his visa arrives. For now he will help us here in the office/area but also he will travel to each of the missions branches to map members housing (they do that to help organize boundaries and chapel purchases).

As far as the area this week it was a mess. We only got 1 real lesson. We had multiple lessons marked each day with members/their references but everyone flaked. It was bad. This week we have transfers and 3 zone conference to watch over or be part of so it'll be tricky.
*****Oh, with that we will also have 23 people living in our tiny house for 3-4 days.... With no water.... Pray for us*****

We have 2 really awesome referrals we are working with Flavia and her two daughters who really want to be baptized and a young man named Chul---A friend of Pedro who literally walked up at church and said "Hi, I am Chul. I have been coming a for a few weeks and want to be baptized like my friend Pedro, it's important to me".... and that folks is why this mission has a ton of success....

Thanks for the emails, photos, letters and packages! I love each and everything that comes from the States digital or physical!

Elder Howell



These are MY TREES from Mahotas. They are huge! You can eat the papayas off it now. When I arrived there the plants were about 2 inches tall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment