Saturday, September 10, 2016

Week 6 (Part 2): MTC Packing Time

So, it's been a crazy crazy last few days at the MTC. Nothing exciting to report or really talk about, just lots of preparing to leave! Thankfully we get half of today to do our last laundry, send anything home, pack and say our goodbyes to teachers. Saying goodbye to Irmao Read and Irmao Curtis was surprisingly sad :( They were both so warm, kind and helpful to all of us. Yesterday we threw Irmao Read a surprise party with a Cape Verde flag cake (all of my district but Elder Brown and I are going to Cape Verde). I have several pictures I will hopefully add to this email.

I have the rest of today, tomorrow, then I wake up and hop on a bus at 6:20am. Then it's off to Africa (well a ton of American fast foodie kinda stuff in the airports on the way too). It will be so crazy! Elder Brown is excited to fly, he has been on 1 plane ride ever. I love that because he was picked as the travel leader :D It was funny because he later asked several "Can I bring ____ on the plane" questions that I found funny.

Well, no idea when  I will be able to email updates, I hope everyone is doing great! Keep writing!

Elder Howell

1 comment:

  1. I've loved reading his e-mails each week. He's doing so great! Can't wait to hear about the next step in his adventure.
    -Stephanie Farr

    ReplyDelete