Monday, September 5, 2016

Week 6- Last email from the MTC

Well, there isn't much to talk about from this last week. Our moving buildings was a bit of a pain, but we survived (to the laughs and joking comments of the Sisters in our Zone). Our new building looks identical to our old one, except it has one less microwave -.- We need more microwaves to cook noodles!

This time next week I will be boarding my first flight. I leave the MTC at 6:20



am to catch an 11:50 am flight to Atlanta (5 hour layover) then onto Johannesburg, South Africa (1 hour 20 minute layover) we will probably not make it and then have to stay the night in South Africa. I wouldn't mind staying the night and getting my passport stamped :D Then we catch a final flight to Maputo, Mozambique (22.5 month layover)! I can’t wait to get to Mozambique! We have had an "hours left at the MTC" countdown on our classes whiteboard since week one. The time has gone very very slow in some aspects, very fast in others. Sister Galli told me "The days feel like weeks, the weeks feel like days". While that's mostly true, the last few days since I received my flight plans have flown by (see what I did there??)!

I get another P-Day on Saturday, "In Field Orientation" on Thursday (which will be my first class in all 6 weeks here at the MTC in English). That means I have like 3 "real days of class" before I leave! Next Monday I won’t have time to email, so after Saturday my next emails will be from MOZAMBIQUE!!!

Hopefully I will take pictures with each of my amazing teachers/"investigators" this coming week.

Thanks for all the emails and letters, they make my day each and every time!

Elder Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment