Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 27: Six months out!

Well, after last week this week has seemed very simple and boring by comparison. During the week I write little notes in my planner of "noteworthy things to write home about" and this week I had very few. So, I will do more updating on my "new" area.

First off, like the pictures will show, I literally work around a massive, flaming, mountain of a dump :} Yes, all the fun of smells, flies and the like are there. This week however we walked/climbed to the top of it to take pictures of the sunset. Beautiful in a trash smoke filled way. It was really cool to see my whole area though.

Quick family update, the family that all had malaria is already better... Except the youngest daughter who didn't have malaria now does. BUG NETS PEOPLE, BUG NETS.

We also had Stake Conference this week. We got to church at 8:00 to take an hour bus ride with the members to Matola {where the stake center is}. Tons and tons of people were there. I got to talk and catch up with all of my friends from T-3 which was really fun. Also, I got talking with a member from my ward who is going to South Africa this week, he is going to pick me up good food....MAHAHAHA Does that count as me being an international trader? I guess we'll see if he delivers or not!

That's it for the week. Love you all!


Elder Howell

PS: Loved getting all your letters this week. 15 from October to December all showed up this week!
Trash Mountain Hike.




Pre/Post haircut.

Food!

Me preaching the sacred bible in an African church.


African selfie that they wanted.

Stake Conference in Matola.  People in attendance:  1107.

Elder Howell and his comp Elder Nunes at Stake Conference.


No comments:

Post a Comment