Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 10 Only 12 Minutes To Email Today

Things are going well.

The kids are great here.

 Family Home Evening with a member family.

 Dinner out to celebrate Elder Griffeth's birthday.

 Elder Burchett made me a Conference BINGO card.

 Pizza Hut in Maputo, Mozambique :)

 Random Tree.

Typical Mozambique food.



I have 12 minutes to write this this week so it´ll be a bit short.

First some responses to questions I´ve received:

1.  Can you tell me more about your companion, and all the elders in your house?

2.  Do you eat the coconut meat...or just drink the liquid?

3.  Did you eat anything unusual this week?

4.  How do transfers work there and do you anticipate being transferred in a couple of weeks?

1. I am in a house of 6 Elders (plus one 24/7 security gaurd in a house thingy outback).    Elders:Burchett, Stegman, Griffeth, Brown, and Mayeya.  Griffeth´s from Idaho, Stegman's from Arizona, Mayeya´s from Zambia and the rest of us are from Utah. Brown and I have been here less than a transfer, Burchett and Griffeth have been here 14 months, Mayeya a year this week.

2. Yes, I drink the water, eat the meat and sometimes pour a drink into it to drink.

3. Yes, we ate with a member because we couldn't say no again... We´d run out of excuses. Still not sure what it was on the rice... Not too bad after I got past the leaves and interesting taste.

4. Transfers happen every 6 weeks. On transfer day you learn if you are staying with your companion or in your area in general. We are pretty sure Elder Griffeth is leaving, maybe Elder Burchett too this coming transfer (two weeks from today). I will probably get a 0 English speaking companion.


This week was Elder Griffeth´s birthday. We made him pancakes in bed and went out to dinner. It was fun, he is a good guy.

We had interviews with our Mission President this week, so we got to go into the city (4 hours of chappa riding -.-) I was able to get another pair of shoes from my other bag. But after interviews we got pizza at Pizza Hut... So it was worth it. One of the Elders in my house got super sick from it though, they will remain unnamed.

This week was General Conference for us. We had 13 people (including us 6 missionaries) show up to the Saturday session... and 10 at the Priesthood session... So yah..... It was only in Portuguese so sadly I understood virtually nothing. Elder Burchett made me a Conferene BINGO card though which was awesome. I never finished it though.... They never said Pearl of Great Price... Cheap word for BINGO. Sunday session we had 116 people at though.

That´s about it this week because I´m out of time. Best of luck to everyone! Send me any questions and I´ll do my best to answer them!

Elder Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment