Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 12: First Transfers

Well the really big thing of this week is Transfers. Elder Griffeth is
climbing the ladder and is going to be a Zone Leader in Swaziland now.
Elder Stegman is also leaving us for another city. Elder Burchett and
I might be "white washing" (two new missionaries to the area) Elder
Griffeth's and Stegman's area. That will be interesting because we
will be in the same house, but just  walk to a new area, but the same
ward. I foresee 3-4 transfers in T3.

As far as photos this week I wont be sharing many because I lost my
camera on Monday last week, I'm quite upset about it. We had a fun
activity on P-Day last (H-Day) Monday where two Zones met up and we
played sand volleyball and soccer on the beach. It was super fun until
I hopped off the coffin (chappa) at the store and realized my camera
was missing. I think it just fell out of my pocket, but I'm not sure. I
will have to get a camera this week to be able to send cliche Africa
photos for my family to post on Facebook and such :)

On to other random things, I have taken 1 cold shower, 1 hot shower
and a stupid amount of bucket showers the last 3 weeks. I pretty much
refused to take cold showers, so I boiled water to take bucket showers
all the time. They finally fixed our sketchy breaker box in the shower
heater thingy, but it broke after my first shower, back to the bucket
I go!

I was able to send 5 letters home via bribing other missionaries with
candy that I got in a package. Mom, you are getting a letter--if it
ever shows up.... The other 4 are to DC #Priorities.  Letters cost
300ish Met a piece to send, but is well worth it to keep a promise :)

In other cool/random news:
1. I saw my first malaria case this week. I will be double checking
that I take my Doxycycline each and everyday, plus spray down in bug spray
everyday.
2. I also saw my first actually black person this week. We aren't
talking chocolate milk, or 85% cocoa chocolate dark, but seriously
black--It blew all 6 of our minds to see.
3. It's virtually mango season here. As it heats up (SO HOT) nature
here gives us mangos, still not sure if it is a fair trade yet, but
it's not too bad. The mangos aren't totally ripe yet, but a member
gave me one and it was really pretty good--not Costco dried and sugar
covered, but good all the same. Being all natural, grass-fed, organic
was probably what made it taste good.
4. My Mom has asked for me to include scriptures in my emails, I really
liked these two this week: Jacob 6:12 and Alma 26:29-30.

I look forward to the emails I get each week, and the fun photos of
normal Utah/American life. I can't wait for the snow pictures to float
in while it heats up to 40+ Celsius  here!

Elder Howell


Elders Brown, Mayeya, Burchett, Howell, Griffeth, and Stegman.  This was taken right before Family Home Evening.  


 Typical streets in T3 (Matola).

Fries with sauce.


Typical little boy.



Our District right before we lose Stegman (being held up by me and Burchett) and Griffeth (on the far  left side).

No comments:

Post a Comment