Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 11: ...And They're of God

I have more time to write this week, but I left my paper at the apartment with my list of things to include in this email so it might be very randomly written as I remember stuff to include.

Before I go into the week, Happy Birthday to Tate! Ah 17, one more year and you can be drafted, how exciting! Go on a fun date for me :)

This week nothing super exciting happened. We do have one person who said yes to being baptized, but like the last person, I feel like I was at the end of the teaching. It will still be fun to see how the next few weeks play out while we finish teaching her.

I have found a new source of entertainment while walking around. Lots of kids run around pushing tires, so I have started having kids hop in the tires, then I push said tire until they can't handle it anymore and yell for me to stop. It's very entertaining each and every time. I will try to get a video of it this week.

We did get to take part of Elder Griffeth/Stegman's area this week. It's super nice because it is a 15-20 minute walk from our apartment, no chappa riding needed! It is also close to the church, which should be good for sacrament attendance. It's hard to see under 150 people show up to church with the amount of people who should be there, but then I realized this week that some of those members are literally hours and hours away by foot, and they don't have cars.

One last thing....... I GOT LETTERS AND A PACKAGE. Yah, super excited about it. They ranged from the start of September to September 19th. I don't know how long they'd been in the office though (all mail goes to the office). The package was my birthday one, I'm saving the treats... Other than the skittles :) #GoneAlready Plus I wore the tie :) Thanks Mum!

Random story this week. In a lesson (that had been going very well) when one of their sons (19) starts asking about "black magic" and possessions, talking to demons and such. Elder Burchett very quickly shut him down with the Bible (he knows his Bible super well). But the kid kept asking the same stuff. The mom finally yells "THEY DON'T KNOW, BECAUSE YOUR STUFF IS OF THE DEVIL, AND THEY'RE OF GOD". It was a super funny moment to me (it helped that I understood it in Portuguese).

That's all for this week! Thanks for the emails, and physical mail!

Elder Howell


We took a chapella (mini coffin) back from shopping one day, more room, but just as freaky :)


There are massive (this one isn't that big) flying, *clicky clicky* noise making cockroaches. 


My first crock pot meal made in Mozambique.


This child was trying to take my watch at church... No luck however.

No comments:

Post a Comment