Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 24: Transfers


So, I got transfered. To Mahotas (closer to Maputo city). Anyway, as I got there the missionaries were working on getting the water running because someone literally cut our water line. They unburried it and cut it open so we wouldnt have water. Clearly a loving neighbor. Good start to my new area. I am with Elder Nunes. He is from Utah (the 'missionary factory' apartently). Not sure really anything else about him right now... So, yah. I will find out over the next 6 weeks or so :)

Before leaving T-3 we had a the baptism of Sebastiao on Saturday. All went well and he, Celso, Justino and Guteres are all buddies with the youth in the ward so all is going well there. He is having a good time with things. Did I mention that the talks didn't show up? I had the "opportunity" to give a talk literally last minute at the baptismal service. I tried to explain to the bishop that he knows I don't speak Portuguese but he didn't understand, which is exactly why I shouldn't have talked! Anyway, it went okay and people understood, but still, not nice.

Other random news:
Celia (an investigator) finally had her baby... In mid Jaunary... It was due the first week of December. She was big. Nice little baby though, so thats good.

The sentence "No, my wife can't sit with us tonight, she has malaria" has now been said to me twice, both times they literally had malaria. Oh Africa.

With the craziness of transfers I have to get off quicky, but will write up an update of Mahotas next week!

Love you all,

Elder Howell

Elder Feliciano, some members and Elder Howell at the church. 

Elder Martins and Elder Howell

Recent converts.

Outgoing mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment