Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 25: Mahotas Area

Well, like I mentioned last week I got transferred. I am with Elder Nunes (from Orem Utah, studied computer science at BYU before his mission, super smart, we get along well). We live near Mahotas which is like 15 minutes outside of Maputo city. We live in a compound like the house in T-3, but we don't have a guard. Why? Because we have a really high fence with broken shards of glass on the top and an electric fence :) Yay. Does it feel/look like prison--yes just a bit. But! I have a little garden going with Elder Nielson (Zone Leader for my zone--'Maputo Urban', comps with Elder Evngalista). We have an orange tree, two papia trees growing.  Also, the neighbors avocado tree and orange tree come over our fence so we get those too! Plus a we have a full grown mafura tree (I think the fruit is gross).

Lets see, the area is very strong, solid ward. We had 128 people at church with 14 investigators there (4 of which are families). We have a family taking a trip up north next week to get the final paper for marriage, and just gave 3 others baptismal dates in February.

We literally hitch hike all day between lessons. I find it very entertaining and fun to see/talk with random people for 2-10 minutes.

Random facts of the week:
1. There isn't butter here, just "Fat spread" (margarine)
2. The tv show Everyone Hates Chris is super popular here dubbed in Portuguese


I don't know our investigators very well yet, but next week I'll pick a few to talk about!

Thanks for all the love and support!

Elder Howell

P.S.  Computer issues, I can't send photos this week. I will try again next week. I should have the baptism photos from the week before then too.

No comments:

Post a Comment