Monday, May 15, 2017

Skype Week

I am going to use the fact that I got to Skype home for Mother's Day as an excuse to not write much this week (its actually because this keyboard is terrible and not much happened). Skype was super nice though, its strange to see that the world at home moves on even when you are on the other side of the world.

Things here are going.... Well, they are going. Thankfully things should be switching around here soon with Elder Combs leaving and my current zone gettting some changes too. But, we still have lots of fun people to visit this week.

There aren't any crazy or fun stories from this week, but I got lots of photos with recent converts and members this week. We also were fed strange (but really good) sweet potato thingies, chamussa (fried fish triangle thingies) and sugar cane. Love me some sugar cane chewing. Plus my "African father (Edson)" or father of my shadow, got married this week! Congrats to him.



 Sarita, Elder Howell, Camilia, and Ofelia


  Mocas-  Sarita(shorter), Camilia(taller) and Elder Howell


 Movany (Saritas brother) and Elder Howell


  "African parents" He said "MY SUUUN, you have a mother now".


 The little kids love to play with my arm hair and watch. 


 Elder Combs trying fresh sugar cane.


 Fresh sugar cane is SO good.

Sweet potato thingy


Chamussa


Mother's Day Skype was awesome!  


 Bea and Elder Howell


No comments:

Post a Comment