Friday, August 5, 2016

First MTC Email

Slightly Late

So, there were over 800 missionaries that came into the MTC yesterday so things were a bit jumbled. Somehow my whole group got overlooked and we didn't get to send anything. All is well. Elder Brown (comp) and I are doing really pretty well at Portuguese. It's like 9 hours a day in a classroom smaller than half of my bedroom at home, with 12 of us. It is a bit overwhelming but I will be fine. Elder Brown and I got 50 new words memorized in our last hour sitting in class. We have a good district of people, no crazies yet. He and I are the only ones in the whole MTC going to Mozambique. I got called down to the travel office today and everyone was saying my visa was probably rejected. Suffice to say I was stressed, but it turned out we both just had extra papers to sign that the Mozambique government wanted, Elder Brown is better than I had hoped for in a companion, which is a relief. SOOOOOOO MUCH PORTUGUESE. I went to sleep last night exhausted from sitting in a chair all day (didn't think that could happen), but its a mental strain trying to learn the language in total immersion. Like I said before though I think I'm, getting it down. But we teach our first investigator tomorrow in Portuguese... So yah.

Tudo Bem.

Elder Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment