Monday, August 22, 2016

MTC Week 4

Well, according to my printed schedule this is week 4. I have 3 more weeks here at the MTC, then I'll be flying out of here. I should get my flight plans either a week before, or the Thursday before I leave. Today some 800 missionaries are leaving, which is really nice for the lunch lines, but hard to see others escaping first.

Not much around here changes from week to week. My schedule is identical for weeks 2-6... So, lots of class time. Elder Brown and I teach at least a lesson each day. On Monday nights we teach "TRC's". Just normal members who come in to hear a lesson in their native, or mission, language. I enjoy teaching those more than the fake investigators. The language is coming along pretty well. I can teach pretty good lessons in Portuguese and make very simple small talk. Tons of vocab to memorize before I get out of here though.

My district has found ways to enjoy our time here. Elder Lunt set up "MSD"- Missionary Smack Down - A nightly wresting bracket for a few nights. I came out undefeated. We also play a group of Elders going to Russia/Ukraine (pretty much Russian's) at soccer each week. That contest is tied 1-1. Most of my district, myself included, have joined the choir. The director is probably the funniest person in the MTC. Last night the Nashville Tribute Band came and played for our Sunday Devotional. The choir sang with them on 3 songs. The choir is huge. Last nights count showed it at 1703 people!

Enjoy the real world for me!

-Elder Howell

P.S. I somehow have forgotten to mention this each week. The building where I sleep is literally across the entire MTC from my classroom. My classroom is on the top floor of the building. My room is on the top floor of my dorm buuilding. Even the lunch room is up a flight of stairs... TOO MANY STAIRS each day!



1 comment: