Monday, August 15, 2016

MTC Email #3 - Elephant in the room

It’s been another interesting week at the MTC. I still think the food overall isn't great, but ice cream and lots of toppings on Wednesday with the new people is kind of nice. Not much changes here week to week so this will be pretty short.

We now have 2 Port teachers, so 2/3 of the 3 hour blocks are taught in Port. The other 3 hour block and random 30 minute study breaks are for memorizing and prepping lessons in Port. Everyone is really tired and at least one person falls asleep in class each time. There is a ton to memorize. 250+ vocab terms, a full page in 8 point font of phrases to know, the First Vision, missionary purpose, baptism invite and several scriptures to name a few. All of which was supposed to be down in 10 days. I'm thinking more like 20, but we'll see. To bring some fun into the endless studying my district has started the "Gosballers" which includes random games/records making attempts with a tennis ball. Everything from "Dude Perfect" shots to other random things.

 I have been sick all week along with a few others in my district, but not sick enough to stay in bed :( That makes staying awake an extra challenge! Thankfully I don’t have mono like Elder Dick in my zone. He got to the MTC 6 weeks ago, but started showing symptoms last week. He is being sent home for 2 weeks in hopes he can recover.

My district has made me the "District Drink Mixer" at meals, so at least that is entertaining.

As far as the subject line: My district has some seriously smart people in it. Lots of 4.0 GPA 30+ ACT scoring people. (Elder Dick has a 4.0, 36 and a record time of 4 minutes, 16 seconds for a mile) One of them, Elder Mangeris, has a 4.0, 35 and was convinced that elephants "suck their food up their trunks to eat. Their trunk is also their mouth". That was entertaining for us all day to make fun of him over that.

No photos this week, again, as the computers here won’t let me upload photos :)

 Elder Howell

P.S. I have joined the MTC choir. Mainly because the director is actually super funny and with 1300 people no one can hear me anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment