Monday, January 29, 2018

Happy Week

Today is transfers which means I have been driving back and forth to the airport all day and the day still has more driving to come. I have to make this quick, but I will try to explain the two big things well:

1. Its transfers, for the first time in 6 months something changed for me. Elder Skraba left to serve in Nampula.... We have been together 7 months, it was really strange to see him leave. I then received Elder De Paula. Brazilian, obviously. That is fun. All Portuguese all the time. It will be good for me. He is from Fatima do Sul, apparently that is a city. It sounds like a road name to me. He is fun and well organized so that will be nice.... He isnt however a secretary, he is the district leader and my comp. I am kind of just handling all the office stuff now, because why not right? He got here in my 3rd transfer so he has a few more after I go. We should have a pretty fun time, we like a lot of the same shows and we both are willing to drive 4 hours to buy M&M's. What more is needed?

2. There was a humanitarian group here this week, I think called 'Entheos' and their campaign here 'Hearing the Call', honestly not sure I am terrible with names. But they came here in a big group to test people and give out hearing aids. It was incredible. Some of the happiest 2 days of my mission. About 10-12 missionaries stayed at all times at the hospital sun up to sun down translating and helping with the operation. Over 450 people got hearing aids. It was amazing seeing all these people get helped, hear for the first time, see this huge change instantly happen. All of the volunteers who came were just all so happy, all the time. It was great. I mainly worked in the molding group getting up the hearing aids but it was a wonderful experience to be a part of. Somewhere there is a really cool video of people getting to hear for the first time. I will try to get someone to send it to me this week.

That's all for now. As always, its great to hear from all that write me.

Elder Howell

PS: Still no camera, but I just got the phone back, which has a camera. Pictures for next week!



Well, thats good enough. Maybe they will send me the full, better video later.

Tchau!
Elder Howell



No comments:

Post a Comment