Monday, January 8, 2018

I think I can... I think I can....

This week was kind of a mess in terms of our area. Sadly Chuchu (how its actually spelled TIL) wasn't baptized again. We tried sitting with him at the start of the week but he just wasn't there... That is something that happens a lot here, but usually not to us, I guess it had to start happening again at some point. Anyway, with that fallen lesson and me cramming my way through the last of the book keeping for 2017 we ran out of time before leaving to teach him again.

This week we went to Chimoio... Because the Elders there got robbed and needed a new house. Thankfully I like those Elders, especially Elder Pontius so it wasn't too bad of a stay. After a quick 2 days we had found a good, safe and pretty cheap house for them. We signed all the paperwork, enjoyed eating some pizza and the following day got back to 'My home, Maputo'. Coming back to Maputo was when I realized that this city is my home now... T-3, Mahotas and Mozal never quite clicked as my home, just the places that I slept each night. But now I know that Maputo is my city, my home. That was a nice realization.

We are also running around prepping the way for the Area doctor to come and give some training's this week for all the missionaries... That should be fun to hear about all the nasty stuff that could happen to us [that we are told we shouldn't email home about ;)] But also the path clearing for even more housing changes and so forth along the next few weeks.

Well, once again our area is suffering but we have 2 good hopefuls for the next few weeks: Chuchu and Zeca. This week I will travel to Beira to resolve some problems there but then we will be with those two a lot teaching them. Hopefully next weeks email is less business..... I hope and you probably do too!

Tchau

Elder Howell

PS: No photos as my camera is broken *Thanks chapas and the iphone is currently with MP.... Not sure when more photos will come :/

No comments:

Post a Comment