Monday, January 1, 2018

Christmas & New Years

Well,

It's 2018. That means that I will have to scratch out a lot of miss written dates for the next few weeks. It also means that I have finally completed my "calendar year" of my mission. Being in country from January 1 to January 1 again.... Its been a long time! But its also been a very informative and unique time in my life. With this I have about 5 months to go---that is crazy. Eternity does have an end apparently. Overall I can say it was worth it though. I think, if I get another Jeff worm in my foot I may change my mind though ;)

Last week started off with Skype on Monday which meant that Monday and Tuesday were a bit of a blur. Skype is a two sided knife that can really help you or really cut you up emotionally. Thankfully my family (and close friend who was also there) were only helpful in being motivated. That was awesome.

The rest of the week was one giant blur though... As they always seem to be these days. Sadly ChuChu's baptism just didn't quite work out, we didn't feel it was quite time and we wanted to teach him a bit more before hand, but he is marked to be baptized this week along with a guard that works at our office (He comes to church every week, he is super awesome but it takes a long while to teach him things--Zeca, but his devotion makes it worth it).

Elder Skraba did however still manage to baptize people this week. We went to Chamaculo and Katembe for him to baptize some old investigators he had taught from his first areas. Fruits of his labors were found... over a year later. That was super awesome to see that even when we think what we are doing is a waste, that maybe its just preparing the way for someone else later on. That is something that I think applies in life a lot too. We do a lot of things without seeing immediate results and become frustrated, but in the end it might be better for us in the long run. Hopefully I can learn that lesson well while here :)

Well, that's it for me. I am super tired. We were up for New Years, not to light off fireworks but because some Elders up north got burgled while they were watching fireworks... So we are traveling there to deal with it.... Yay....

Love you all. Thanks for those who email me or do other things to support me.


Elder Howell


Mustaches because why not?


Chamaculo Baptisms


Katembe Baptisms

Katembe Baptismal Font





No comments:

Post a Comment